PDA

View Full Version : ELAC Speakers - HUGE SALE!

Suave
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone,

It's not that often that audiophile-quality speakers go on sale, so I wanted to give you a heads up a little ahead of time that Tri-cell (Canadian distributor for ELAC) is having a huge sale on a couple of ELAC 60 Series floorstanding models for a limited time. I know this because Tri-cell is running an ad to promte this in the upcoming Oct/Nov 2010 issue of CANADA HiFi which will be released early next week.

Here's the deal:
Receive $300 off any pair of ELAC FS 67 (now $750) and $500 off any pair of ELAC FS 68 (now $1000) speakers. Plus get 10 free audiophile CDs with every pair purchased!
ELAC FS 67: http://www.elac.com/en/products/showid.php?261
ELAC FS 68: http://www.elac.com/en/products/showid.php?215

So not only are you saving a few hundred bucks on the speakers, but you're also getting a few hundred bucks worth of CDs!

The discount and CDs will be provided by Canadian distributor Tri-Cell Enterprises Inc. (you have to pay full price at the store).

Anyone interested can contact Tri-cell at 1-800-263-8151 (and please tell them that you heard about this from the CANADA HiFi magazine!).

George
10-15-2010, 11:52 PM
This is exciting - I'm in the market for a new pair of speakers. I've heard great things about the ELAC's but have not auditioned them.

Suave - any experience in them. Can you characterize their sound?

Suave
10-18-2010, 01:51 PM
One of CANADA HiFi's editors (Neil Underwood) owns a pair of ELAC tower speakers and he really enjoys them. I've listened to his speakers on numerous occasions and I would describe their sound as highly detailed, with great imaging and a capacity to produce a large soundstage. Vocals sound very natual with the ELACs. Sorry but this is about all I can say since I don't actually have these speakers here, nor do I have a longer term experience with them.

I'm sure that if you called Tri-cell (above) they would tell you which store you can audition the speakers.

George
10-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi Suave - the FS 67 and 68's do not incorporate the acclaimed JET III tweeter but rather the more conventional dome tweeter. What model does Neil own - if I may ask? Is Neil on the forum?

Suave
10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I may have jumped the gun on this one... sorry SoundGame. I though that Neil had one of these models but in fact he owns the ELAC 208 Anniversary edition speakers (which are substantially more expensive) and use the JET III tweeter. Unfortunately Neil has a lot of his "work plate" right now and has not been able to participate in this forum, at least not just yet.

Lensman
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I own the 208 Anniversary and can qualify that they are one of the best speakers I've heard under $8k! They retail around $3400 but are now discontinued in wake of their new line of 249's, which are comparable, but sell for $5k. I love mine and even though I was ready to spend upwards of $7k or so I couldn't find a speaker I was happy with as an upgrade. All nice in their own way ofcourse, but the Elac is just that good. As a recommendation, Elac do perform only as well as the sum of their parts. You will be rewarded more with quality pieces, cables, and room placement. I can't speak for the 60 Series, but I've owned 3 pairs of Elac and have loved them all. The 208A's are fantastic with the Heil tweeter. I got mine from www.offthegridaudio.com - Neil Underwood. A great guy and very knowledgable.

Suave
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Lensman and thanks for sharing a few opinions with us! If you could start a new thread to introduce yourself and the equipment that you currently own in the "New Member Introduction - What are your audio video interests?" thread that would be great.

I wrote a little thread with suggestions as to what you could include in your "intro" post here:
http://canadahifi.com/forum/showthread.php?201-New-Member-Introductions&p=1282#post1282

borlach
05-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to comment on the Elac FS68...I just picked up a pair from the sale and all I can say is...wow! great speaker. Ok maybe they dont use the higher-end jet tweeter but these puppies are no shrinking violets. They replaced a pair of Linn Ninkas I owned and I am much happier with these. Great extention on the upper frequencies and clarity is all there. I use cables from Purist Audio design and they work Great with Elac. Build quality is fantastic! This is a great company I hope it gets more press in North America. I think they sound better with European amplification IMOP due to their dynamics. Dont go hooking up a Krell or Bryston to Elacs...Yikes!! I am using a Thule Audio amp and source.

Suave
05-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Welcome to our forum borlach and congrats on the new speakers!

If you have any pics of your system, it would be great if you could post them in the "Member Galleries – 2-channel Audio" section:

http://canadahifi.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?7-Member-Galleries-–-2-channel-Audio

Canuck
07-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info!

chocolatelvis
12-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I also have the FS67s' and WOW, I have never been happier! Clear, precise, and can take what you throw at them without distortion of any kind. I'll go up to the 200 Series once I have the cash. Until then, I will gladly let my FS67's entertain me!
I may have jumped the gun on this one... sorry SoundGame. I though that Neil had one of these models but in fact he owns the ELAC 208 Anniversary edition speakers (which are substantially more expensive) and use the JET III tweeter. Unfortunately Neil has a lot of his "work plate" right now and has not been able to participate in this forum, at least not just yet.