+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet hookup and functions of AV Equipment

Hey guys,

I moved all the posts regarding this topic into this thread and cleaned up some of the text so that this conversation is easy for others to follow

wawaron - it sounds like you've already got your AV receiver and Blu-ray player connected to the internet. And yes, this is actually a very simple process. Regardless of which internet provider you're using all you have to do is run an Ethernet cable from your home network router to each component that you would like to access the internet. Generally there are no settings which need to be configured in software or the router. I've got all of my AV components (TVs, Blu-ray players, Xbox 360, PS3) connected to my home network with Ethernet cables. I love the ability to download firmware updates directly from the component, it makes it so much easier to keep all the components up to date. And it the case of video gaming consoles, it is absolutely critical to have them connected to the net. Almost every game has updates released for it to fix various issues/bugs.

The only time when you do have to configure some settings is if you would like your AV equipment to access music, pictures or movies from your home computers. In this case, you have to configure Windows Media Player to allow you to access the content stored on the computer.

In regards to the vTuner on the Anthem receiver did you figure out how to add custom internet radio stations?
    Suave Kajko | Westside Publishing Ltd. | 416-767-2495
    Publisher | CANADA HiFi Magazine | www.canadahifi.com
    President | TAVES | www.taveshow.com
    Gate Keeper | Guydster | www.guydster.com

Hi Suave, yes I did figure out how to add stations to the Anthem vTuner. Need an access code. Suave will see you and team at the Montreal Salon Son et Image next week. Looking forward to the SSI. See you there.

Hi Suave, yes I did figure out how to add stations to the Anthem vTuner. Need an access code.
    That sounds good wawaron - thanks for the tip. I actually ended up purchasing the MRX 500 myself after the review so I'll be setting up some Internet radio stations too... it was just too good of a piece to send back to the manufacturer

Yes, hopefully we'll run into each other at SSI in Montreal!
    Suave Kajko | Westside Publishing Ltd. | 416-767-2495
    Publisher | CANADA HiFi Magazine | www.canadahifi.com
    President | TAVES | www.taveshow.com
    Gate Keeper | Guydster | www.guydster.com

Hi Suave we did meet briefly at the SSI. Had a short chat. Suave I was wondering do you have a spurious noise issue with the 500? Whenever I play a Blu Ray movie or CD through the 700 an awful noise comes from the speakers. If I pause or stop and start play back the noise is heard. Can't figure out what the problem is. Contacted Anthem some weeks ago no solutions yet. The sound made is like an old turntable when the needle hits the record.
    I purchased a new pair of speakers the Triton Twos from Golden Ear Technology. Listened to them while in Montreal bought them. You owe it to yourself and readers to audition these speakers. All the reviews are right on you can spend a lot more money but these speakers are priced extremely well, 2 500$ they sound like 50 000$. I now have a pair of Mirage OM6s sitting in my basement. I kept the Mirage center and surrounds and they match well with my new Triton Twos.
    Last edited by wawaron; 04-12-2011 at 12:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2