+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 ces

Default 2012 ces

Hey folks, I'm off to the CES show next week. I'll be posting some coverage from the show on the DIY Audio Projects blog and also in this thread.

Post a note if there is something in particular you want checked out at the show.

Cheers

look forward to your reports!! I lived in Vegas for 2 years but never went to CES, I've been to the NAB show, SHOT show and SEMA fun place to live if you like shows

Yesterday (before the show officially kicked off) I got a chance to privately listen to the new Cello speakers by Lawrence Audio.

Very nice speakers with a unique look and they really sound great.

There is a more detailed post about the Lawrence Audio speakers on my blog - Cello Speakers by Lawrence Audio at CES 2012.

Getting to the show today was hectic, but fortunately the audio floors at the Venetian were not busy at all so I got into a lot of rooms today.

Big push on digital media here and there are not too many talking about high-end CD players.

Cheers

Hope you're having fun at CES Gio - I look forward to reading more of your posts! I really wanted to go down to the show myself but more critical business dictated otherwise

It be awesome if you compiled and posted a list of the companies that you come across which are introducing digital music servers/streamers at the show and perhaps some comments on how they sound.
    Suave Kajko | Westside Publishing Ltd. | 416-767-2495
    Publisher | CANADA HiFi Magazine | www.canadahifi.com
    President | TAVES | www.taveshow.com
    Gate Keeper | Guydster | www.guydster.com

Please report back Gio. It would be very interesting to hear more on the digital media. Music streaming technology, quality of audio, video and delivery method. Safe to say we're all ears anticipating what trends are coming for our individual applications, and "the cause" in general.

Be interesting how TAVES will be shaped this year. Unfortunate I didn't get to the show. If this years show exhibits similar, consumer digital products I would schedule to be at TAVES, no problem.

Of course, I wanted to be there, and I did fly into Toronto the first Monday, after the show. Business priority. Many do have positive thoughts on it. Myself included.

If, more consumer digital items, I would be more getting to know the suppliers who don't have their items with dealers in my area, and the list is long by the way.

I want to get into this business. Its not my main operation. But am constructing another building this year, following up with eccomerce rollout. The web site is 80 % developed. Steel building priority now though, breaking ground in the spring.

Default Dionysus M-801 Speakers

Hey folks, I'm still here. Sorry for the lack of updates. Too many late evenings! The photos below show the Dionysus M-801 speakers from Taiwan.
    Dionysus Speakers.jpg
    Dionysus M-801 Speakers.jpg
    The specs are as follows
    1-3/4" Titanium Tweeter
    8" Woofer
    4 ohms impedance
    50Hz to 20kHz
    89dB Sensitivity
    Crossover Frequency 3.5kHz

The Dionysus speakers are not currently available forsale in NA so there was no pricing info. Nice vocals, likely because of their higher XO point (3.5k).

Now I really liked this poster of their Oak Cask speakers.
    Dionysus Oak Cask Speakers.jpg
    Unfortunately the oak cask speakers did not make it to the show due to their physical size. The oak kasks reminded me of a pair of open baffle speakers built by Keith Chapple of Kickwood Audio which I also really enjoyed.

Cheers

Wow, those are some wild looking speakers ... although I'm sure they don't sound as good as ASW Genius 300s!

Thank you for posting this Gio! I love the Oak Cask speakers - they remind me of the speakers that Pioneer released a little while ago that had enclosures built from 50 year old Oak from Whiskey barrels. I also enjoy the unusual look of the Kickwood Audio speakers. I'm sure you'll have a few more pics for us once you settle in from the travelling

Sorry for the lack of updates. I took ill after the trip and am just starting to feel better. I'll catch up with coverage over the next couple of days.

Cheers

Don't worry about writing too much but it would be nice to see a few more pics Gio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast