+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TAVES 2012 Coming This September!

Hybrid View

Cool TAVES 2012 Coming This September!

Eariler today we officially put out a press release announcing the dates of the 2012 TAVES!! The press release follows below. Given how extremely well last years event turned out, we expect that nearly every exhibitor and visitor will be returning this year and hope that many, many more companies and visitors will discover the world of TAVES this year!!

"The show that took the industry by storm in 2011 is returning this September!
    Reservations begin today!"

Toronto, Ontario – February 29, 2012 – In 2011, Audio Video Productions Inc. broke new ground with the creation of a new consumer electronics show called the Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show (TAVES). This year, TAVES promises to bring back everything that you loved about the first edition of the show, while refining various show aspects and introducing new features. TAVES 2012 will take place between September 28 and 30 at the same venue as last year – the Le Meridien King Edward hotel, a prestigious heritage building located in downtown Toronto, Ontario which offers larger than average exhibit rooms with excellent sound acoustics.

Visitors and exhibitors spoke up and we listened! The 2012 TAVES will offer more audio video seminars and demonstrations, while offering double the seating space. A number of exciting new show features will also be announced in the coming months. Given the great success of the event in 2011, TAVES 2012 expects to draw many new local and international exhibitors. Toronto represents one of North America’s largest and healthiest consumer markets and if you desire to expand your business in Canada there is no better place to do it than at TAVES!

The first edition of TAVES was promoted on/covered by five TV networks, four radio stations, one of Canada’s largest daily newspapers and a great number of related magazines and websites. TAVES recognizes the importance of media exposure and will continue to work closely with mass market and consumer electronics media to guarantee extensive coverage of TAVES 2012. TAVES will focus a great amount of effort on attracting even more visitors to discover higher quality audio video brands and consumer electronics at this year’s event.

Exhibitor reservations begin today! For the first 30 days TAVES will provide the opportunity for all 2011 exhibitors to book the same rooms that they occupied at last year’s show. On April 1st, reservations will begin for all new exhibitors. If your company did not exhibit at TAVES last year, please contact us today and we will be glad to place you on a pre-booking list. Please note that all of the larger exhibit rooms sold out in less than 4 weeks last year. The sooner you book your space at TAVES, the sooner we can begin to promote your company on the TAVES website and inside the CANADA HiFi magazine – so please contact us today and receive the best possible exposure for your company!

The 2012 TAVES will showcase the latest consumer electronics products and technologies from both mainstream and enthusiast brands. Products on display will range from entry-level components to the high-end and everything in between. A number of exhibitors will present the visitors with the opportunity to purchase accessories, music discs, vinyl albums and Blu-ray discs.

For more information, please visit www.taveshow.com.
    Suave Kajko | Westside Publishing Ltd. | 416-767-2495
    Publisher | CANADA HiFi Magazine | www.canadahifi.com
    President | TAVES | www.taveshow.com
    Gate Keeper | Guydster | www.guydster.com

Personally, I'm looking forward to this show, very much. Though it's not the biggest show of this kind, it's local, which makes it convenient and very inexpensive for me to catch more than one day. Last year I caught 2 of the 3 days - perhaps this year I'll get in to all three days.

Suave, based on the feedback you've received from the last show, what are the key areas that will be a focus for improvements?

I'm hoping this year we'll see a few more of the exotic companies appear. Any chance you can reveal the names of any net new companies that will show - which have committed?

It would be neat to have a running list of the companies as they get added - along with their rooms. Oh, and can we expect this year to see more in the way of first new product, at the show?
    George de Sa | Westside Publishing Ltd. | 416-767-2495
    Director of Marketing/Senior Editor | CANADA HiFi Magazine | www.canadahifi.com

Hi Suave, been a long time since my last contact. Will you be at the Salon Son et Image in Montreal again this year? I will drop in to see you at the Salon. On the TAVES front couldn't make it last year but hoping to do so this year. Will there be special room rates for the TAVES weekend?

Thank you for your feedback guys!

As mentioned in the press release above, one of the areas of TAVES that will see an improvement this year are the seminars. We will offer a wider range of topics and significantly increase the number of available seats. The seminars were so popular last year that we had many people who had to stand through each seminar because there weren't enough seats. We'll fix that this year

We have also began conversations with a couple of local Toronto artists to perform at this year's show. As soon as we "seal the deal" with any of them, you'll hear it about it here

The press release went out just last Tuesday and already more than 20 companies have pre-booked their rooms for this year. That's more than 20 rooms already in just 4 business days!! Most of these are returning exhibitors but a few are brand new. As soon as we have the first batch of contracts signed, we'll release the initial (running) exhibitor list.

Something else that we're working on for this year is to encourage companies to introduce new products at TAVES -- we woud like TAVES to become a launch platform for new products and technologies to the Canadian/North American market.

Good to see you back on the forum wawaron! Yes, we will have a special guest room rates for TAVES visitors and exhibitors. I will be at the SSI show this year, although we will not be setting up a booth. Instead I will be walking around the show floor

Oh, and just a general question about the TAVES trademark symbol:

It looks to represent the symbol for power on/off, however, it's slightly different, perhaps resembling a grounding point - could you explain what exactly it is and represents in term of TAVES?

The TAVES logo is actually a power button (which represents consumer electronics) and CN tower combination (which represents the location of the show). Never thought of it representing a grounding point... but I suppose that works as well

On a different note, I'd love to hear from everyone on this forum as to what you would like to see at future editions of TAVES. We are dedicated to making TAVES the best show of its kind and would love to hear your suggestions. What would you like to see more of at TAVES or what aspects could we improve on?

Suave,

Last year I suggested that TAVES include a panel discussion(s) with industry experts / leading manufacturers on a topic of interest or currently under debate e.g. vinyl vs. digital; active vs. passive speakers; tube vs. solid state or even auto room correction vs. room treatment. I know that there were a number of interesting sessions at TAVES last year - more from an education perspective but I don't think a panel/debate/forum was done.

I see now that Son&Image is doing a panel discussion on speakers (captioned below) - is there any chance that this year TAVES could now host something like this??

Star-Studded Speaker-Designer Panel at Salon Son & Image 2012
    Sunday, 18 March 2012 13:53 Salon Son & Image 2012 takes place March 20-25, at the Hilton Bonaventure Hotel in downtown Montreal. In addition to the many exhibits, SSI 2012 features seminars and discussion panels, including a SoundStage! Network-sponsored, star-studded speaker-designer panel on March 24 at 2 p.m. The panel members will discuss the design goals of their respective companies and will then answer questions from consumers. Those confirmed on the panel include:
    Paul Barton (PSB Speakers)
    Andrew Welker (Axiom Audio)
    Vince Brusseze (Totem Acoustic)
    John DeVore (DeVore Fidelity)
    Manfred Diestertich (Audio Physic)
    Jeff Joseph (Joseph Audio)

This is an interesting idea indeed SoundGame. I will certainly go to check it out to see how it goes in Montreal - it will give us a good idea as to how many people are actually interested in seeing such discussion panels. It is definitely possible that we will see something along these lines at TAVES, after all many such ideas are shared between the two shows.

It's been a while since I've updated this thread... because I've been working very adamantly on making TAVES the very best show that it can be this year

This morning we officially launched a brand new TAVES website at www.taveshow.com. For the first time you can access the growing list of exhibitors that will be showcasing their products this September at the show. We plan to add a complete brand list from each exhibitor in the next 4 weeks (collecting this info from exhibitors is a bit of a challange).

I invite everyone to check out the new website and drop us a comment on the "Speak Up!" page - a new page which will allow us to connect with past and future TAVES visitors. The more feedback we collect from everyone, the better we can shape future editions of the show. So please do us a favour and SPEAK UP

If you don't have a Facebook account, please participate in this thread!

Suave, if this years show is anything like last years then it'll be a resounding success.

The onus should be on us, the show goers, to market the heck out of this so that copious number of people attend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast