NAD Electronics has announced availability of their new C 375DAC and C 356DAC. These two new integrated amplifier models offer the company’s existing C 375BEE and C 356BEE with the plus of having NAD MDC DACs factory installed.
The NAD’s asynchronous 24/96 USB MDC DAC, incorporated within the NAD C 375BEE or C 356BEE (rated at 150 and 80-watt per channel respectively) are designed to provide increased performance over the integrated DAC’s within many source components e.g. CD player, PC / MAC, Squeezebox or Sonos system, when connected to the digital inputs or USB input of the C 375DAC or C 356 DAC.
The C 375DAC delivers 150 watts per channel while the C 356DAC is rated at 80 watts per channel. NAD rates its receivers with a difficult 4-Ohm load, with both channels driven simultaneously, over the full frequency bandwidth (20Hz – 20kHz), and at rated distortion. This approach reflects real world conditions that the listener is likely to encounter with their system.
Both the C 375DAC and C 356DAC feature NAD’s legendary PowerDrive circuit that delivers very high dynamic power and low impedance drive capability to accurately control loudspeakers, resulting in a musically detailed, coherent, and relaxed sound.
In addition to the remarkable performance and value of built in DACs, these two top-rated NAD integrated amplifiers, feature the company’s unique, innovative — Modular Design Construction (MDC), making it easy to upgrade features and functionality. For owners that wish to add a phono module, the C 375DAC comes with a second slot for an optional inboard PP375 Phono Module. C 356DAC owners wishing phono preamp functionality may use an optional outboard PP 2i or PP 3i for the phono functions. The C 375DAC and C 356DAC offer a unique blend of performance, convenience and value.
Key Features of the NAD C 375DAC and C 356DAC:
• MDC DAC factory installed. Adds digital inputs Replaces DISC Input; select either OPTICAL or USB with slide switch
• Optical S/PDIF Input upgrades the sound of Disc Players or Music Streamers
• Flexible – Asynchronous USB device side input allows direct connection, PC or MAC
• USB compatible – supports 24/96 HD music playback
• High Performance – 24/192 DAC and high quality OPAmps for superior performance
• PowerDrive amplifier technology
• Modular Design Construction (MDC)
• Front panel Media Player (MP) input for attaching portable MP3 Player
• Custom compatible with RS-232 interface and 12 volt trigger output
Both the C 375DAC and C 356DAC are currently availaible at a MSRP of $1600 U.S. $900 U.S. respectively. Look for more details at: www.nadelectronics.com.
Click here to discuss this article on the CANADA HiFi Forum