Vivitek Corporation, a manufacturer of visual presentation products, has just announced that their new Qumi (pronounced Q-me) pocket LED projector is now shipping. This projector is small, versatile and affordable. For the video enthusiast, it’s a viable alternative for small / medium sized rooms where a permanent projector setup is not possible.
Weighing in at only 1.4 pounds, the Qumi is the first pocket projector to be 3D-ready via Texas Instruments’ DLP Link technology. The Qumi is a small and sleek design with touch sensitive button controls.
• 720p/native WXGA (1280×800) resolution
• Up to 300 lumens of brightness and a 2500:1 contrast ratio
• 3D-Ready (via DLP Link) and a DLP chipset from Texas Instruments
• 1.4 pounds; Dimensions: 6.3”(w) x 1.2”(h) x 3.9”(d)
• 30,000+ estimated LED hours of operation
• Connectivity options include: Mini-HDMI, Universal I/O (24-pin connector for VGA/component input), AV mini-jack audio-out; USB and MicroSD slots for content and memory expansion
• Built-in 1W speaker
• Offered in a black or white finish
The Qumi can be found online and at retailers at a MSRP of $499.00 U.S.
Look for more details at: http://www.vivitekusa.com
Click here to discuss this article on the CANADA HiFi Forum